Re: Replication - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alexander Staubo
Subject Re: Replication
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 6/15/07, Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com> wrote:
> I don't think I can use PGPool as the replicator, because then it becomes a new single point of failure that could
bringthe whole system down.  If you're using it for INSERT/UPDATE, then there can only be one PGPool server.

Are you sure? I have been considering this possibility, too, but I
didn't find anything in the documentation. The main mechanism of the
proxy is taking received updates and playing them one multiple servers
with 2PC, and the proxies should not need to keep any state about
this, so why couldn't you install multiple proxies?

Alexander.