Re: About the CREATE TABLE LIKE indexes vs constraints issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: About the CREATE TABLE LIKE indexes vs constraints issue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, sorry for posting style,

--
dim

Le 23 déc. 2009 à 23:58, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> a écrit :
> Honestly, I've never used LIKE in a table definition aside from one-
> off
> design experiments. For that kind of thing, what I want is to just get
> everything (except perhaps FKs if the above situation applies), and I
> adjust it from there. Are there people out there who use LIKE in their
> production schema files?

I do use LIKE in scripts for adding providers of federated data. In
some cases you want to INHERIT, in some other you want to move
incoming data to another set of tables.

Regards,