Re: Press looking for Oracle conversions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Javier Soltero
Subject Re: Press looking for Oracle conversions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Lisa,

Our product, Hyperic HQ was ported from an Oracle-only backend to one
which not only uses PostgreSQL, but also includes it as part of the
distribution which works on 4 major operating systems (windows,
linux, solaris, hp/ux). I would be happy to discuss the porting
effort, the benefits we've seen after switching to PostgrSQL, and any
other questions you may have about supporting this type of
application using it.

For your benefit, HQ is a management/monitoring system which on
average performs thousands of concurrent database operations per
minute. Prior to porting to PostgreSQL, we were unable to find a
database which offered the type of performance and portability our
application requires. We tried every commercial and open source
option, and were lucky to coincide with the release of 8.0, since
windows support was the only thing which held us back from going
directly to PostgreSQL.

Please feel free to contact me at my number below if you're
interested in finding out more.

Kind regards,
-javier

On May 23, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I got a phone call from Lisa Vaas of Ziff-Davis Internet
> (http://www.ziffdavis.com/products/online/zdi).  She is looking to
> talk
> to people about conversions from Oracle to PostgreSQL, or people
> who are
> considering such a conversion.  She is also interested in hearing how
> they are dealing with getting enterprise support for PostgreSQL.
>
> I assume she is working on an article about PostgreSQL.  I have CC'ed
> her on this email.  Please email her if you can help.
>
> --
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square,
> Pennsylvania 19073

Javier Soltero
Hyperic                  |  www.hyperic.net
o- 415 738 2566  |  c- 415 305 8733