Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] CREATE FUNCTION hang on test machine polecat on HEAD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] CREATE FUNCTION hang on test machine polecat on HEAD
Date
Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] CREATE FUNCTION hang on test machine polecat on HEAD
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Creager <Robert.Creager@Oracle.com> writes:
> On Jun 7, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Robert Creager <Robert.Creager@Oracle.com> writes:
>> configure:7158: checking for flags to link embedded Perl
>> configure:7174: result:  -L/usr/local/lib  -L/System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE -lperl -ldl
-lm-lutil -lc

>> If there's anything perl-related in /usr/local/lib (not /opt/local/lib),
>> that could be confusing matters.

> That's what I get for doing this in a meeting, doing both poorly.
> run_build.pl:
> #!/usr/bin/perl

> No perl in /usr/local/lib.

Hrmph.  FWIW, I see the same configure results on my own Macbook Pro:

configure:7158: checking for flags to link embedded Perl
configure:7174: result:  -L/usr/local/lib  -L/System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE -lperl -ldl
-lm-lutil -lc

But I tried "make installcheck" in plperl quite a few times with no
problems.  (And yes, I tried some assorted settings of PERL_HASH_SEED,
as well as none at all.)

At this point I'm thinking that the perl you've got in /opt/local must
be bollixing the works somehow, though it's not clear how.  It's also
really strange that it evidently only fails some of the time ...