Re: Underscore in positional parameters? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Underscore in positional parameters?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 14.05.24 18:07, Erik Wienhold wrote:
> Patch 0001 changes rules param and param_junk to only accept digits 0-9.

I have committed this patch to PG16 and master.

I was a little bit on the fence about what the behavior should be, but I
checked Perl for comparison:

print 1000;   # ok
print 1_000;  # ok
print $1000;  # ok
print $1_000; # error

So this seems alright.

> Patch 0002 replaces atol with pg_strtoint32_safe in the backend parser
> and strtoint in ECPG.  This fixes overflows like:

Seems like a good idea, but as was said, this is an older issue, so
let's look at that separately.