Re: clean up assertion code - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: clean up assertion code
Date
List pgsql-patches
nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway) writes:
> This patch removes a lot of unused code related to assertions and
> error handling, and simplifies the code that remains. Apparently,
> the code that left Berkeley had a whole "error handling subsystem",
> which exceptions and whatnot. Since we don't use that anymore,
> there's no reason to keep it around.

While I don't have a problem with this idea, the patch is poorly
presented: if applied as-is, it will reduce the no-longer-needed files
to zero lines, rather than deleting them as intended.

When you want a patch to add or remove files, please list the added
or removed files separately, rather than presenting it like this.
It's much too easy for the committer to miss the need for "cvs add"
and "cvs remove" commands otherwise.

            regards, tom lane