Error dumping and restoring postgis db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Claire McLister
Subject Error dumping and restoring postgis db
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

  We have a database with Postgis extensions installed. When we do a
full dump of the database (using pg_dump -Ft), somehow the "geometry"
type does not get dumped, so the restore fails.

  If I try to load the geometry type before restoring, then I have to
createlang 'plpgsql' because postgis needs it. Then again the dump
fails as it tries to createlang plpgsql again.

  Would appreciate any pointers. This is with Postgresql 7.4.8 and
Postgis 1.1.2

Claire

  --
  Claire McLister                        mclister@zeesource.net