Re: large object write performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Graeme B. Bell
Subject Re: large object write performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
> On 08 Oct 2015, at 11:17, Bram Van Steenlandt <bram@diomedia.be> wrote:
>
> The database (9.2.9) on the server (freebsd10) runs on a zfs mirror.
> If I copy a file to the mirror using scp I get 37MB/sec
> My script achieves something like 7 or 8MB/sec on large (+100MB) files.

This may help - great blog article about ZFS with postgres and how use you can zfs compression to boost i/o performance
substantially.
If your machine is making a lot of smaller writes in postgres (as opposed to presumably large writes by scp) then this
mayalleviate things a bit.

https://www.citusdata.com/blog/64-zfs-compression

Graeme Bell

p.s. Apologies for top-posting on my previous message.