Re: Hash index on macaddr -> crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Hash index on macaddr -> crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Darren King" <darrenk@insightdist.com> writes:
> How about creating an SQL statement that will make the change and
> putting a blurb about it it in the README, INSTALL and/or FAQ?

In theory we could do that, but I doubt it's worth the trouble.
Hash on macaddr has never worked (until my upcoming commit anyway ;-))
and the lack of complaints seems to be adequate evidence that no one
in the beta-test community has any use for it... so who's going to
go to the trouble of manually updating each of their databases?

My bet is that there'll be an initdb forced for some other reason
(like adding CRCs, or some much-more-serious bug than this one)
before 7.1 final anyway...