Re: plperl on AIX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: plperl on AIX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, jfrizzo@us.ibm.com (John F Rizzo) transmitted:
> I posted this in other lists with no response...  Can anyone help?
> I'm having trouble getting plperl to work on AIX 5.3.2.
> Postgresql Version: 8.1.1
> Perl Version: 5.8.7
> I've rebuilt perl as a shared library version and built that into postgre using --with-perl.  The postgre
build/installworks fine, without

> errors.
> The plperl regression tests all fail, though.  Here are the test results of the first regression test:

The first thing that comes to mind is the question of whether or not
Perl was compiled using the same compiler as was used for PostgreSQL.
If you're not sure, then perhaps using GCC for one and VAC for the
other might be what is turning out badly...

I know that mismatches of that sort have had adverse effects on AIX
and Solaris...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/rdbms.html