Re: Fwd: conditional rule not applied - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Seb
Subject Re: Fwd: conditional rule not applied
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:31:29 +0100,
Leo Mannhart <leo.mannhart@beecom.ch> wrote:

[...]

> I can give a 'first cut' solution.  But I strongly discourage from
> doing this in a real world application as chances are big, that you'll
> forget something to implement correctly (nullable fields come to mind
> immediately as an example).  Your example is also simplified as it
> makes no sense for instance, that sh_name is nullable...

> here we go:

[...]

Thank you very much for your time on this.  I can see that this is
indeed a difficult thing to implement.  I'll study your code carefully
to understand the issues a little better.

Cheers,

--
Seb