Re: quote_literal(integer) does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: quote_literal(integer) does not exist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Thoughts?

I wouldn't have thought set_config was frequently enough used to warrant a
catalog change but quote_literal does seem like a common enough use case to
warrant it and once we're doing it there...

I started to think md5(bytea) would be reasonable but then I checked and we do
in fact already have that. Perhaps it would be interesting to have some of the
other functions like overlay or replace for bytea as well in the future but I
hardly think anyone is going to complain urgently given that using them via
free casts to text would never have really worked that well previously.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's RemoteDBA services!