Re: Planner: rows=1 after "similar to" where condition. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Planner: rows=1 after "similar to" where condition.
Date
List pgsql-general
"Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris@familiedobbelsteen.nl> writes:

> Should be:
> PostGreSQL 8.2.5 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (GCC 4.1.2.20061115) (Debian 4.1.1-21).

In this case that may matter. One of the changes in the 8.2.6 update was:

. Improve planner's handling of LIKE/regex estimation in non-C locales (Tom)

I seem to recall this largely had to do with negated regexp matches but I
might only be remembering part of it. I would start by taking all the fixes
for known bugs before trying to diagnose a new one :)

--
  Gregory Stark