cleanup PL/PgSQL PERFORM - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject cleanup PL/PgSQL PERFORM
Date
Re: cleanup PL/PgSQL PERFORM  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
This patch makes a minor cleanup to the implementation of PERFORM in
PL/PgSQL. Previously, it had been bundled together with the assign
statement implementation, for some reason that wasn't clear to me
(they certainly don't share any code with one another). So I separated
them and made PERFORM a statement like any other. No changes in
functionality.

Along the way, I added some regression tests for PERFORM, added a
bunch more SGML tags to the PL/PgSQL docs, and removed an obsolete
comment relating to the implementation of RETURN NEXT.

This is for 7.4; all the regression tests pass.

Cheers,

Neil

Attachment