Re: pgadmin as main postgresql GUI interface - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Seb
Subject Re: pgadmin as main postgresql GUI interface
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:10:07 -0700,
Dan Harris <fbsd@drivefaster.net> wrote:

[...]

> Not sure which software is malicious, Access or Windows?  But if it's
> Windows, at least you could run it in free VMware server ( I have to do
> that sometimes ).

That would be Microsoft, so I'm including all their software in that
category, but I guess this may veer OT here ;-)

> Other than that, as far as I know, there is nothing that comes close to
> Access' functionality as a native app for *nix.  OpenOffice talks a big
> game but when you really start trying to use it for database stuff you
> realize that it's pretty hamstrung compared to Access.

You're right, unfortunately.  Pretty much everything I've tried in *nix is
not very practical at the moment (I also tried kexi recently, and it's
also crashing before I can do anything with it and postgresql).  So it
seems one is still bound to M$ Access here.  I will check VMware.  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb