Re: Rethinking stats communication mechanisms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Rethinking stats communication mechanisms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
PFC <lists@peufeu.com> writes:

>     - Will only be of use if the command is taking a long, long time.
>     So, it need not be realtime ; no problem if the data comes with a
> little  delay, or not at all if the command executes quickly.

I would dispute this point. Picture a system running a very short very very
often. It may still be the main problem, may even be taking 90+% of the cpu
time. If you got an accurate snapshot of all the currently executing queries
you'll see it popping up suspiciously often.

--
greg