Re: BLOB handling compatibility with PostgreSQL > 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Marc Herbert
Subject Re: BLOB handling compatibility with PostgreSQL > 7.4
Date
List pgsql-odbc

>>  <http://www.continuent.org/>
>
> So continuent is now writing an ODBC driver for PostgreSQL, or what are
> you trying to say?

No more than what you'll find at the link above, if you are
interested. And you don't have to; this is becoming more and more
irrelevant to this list or to this thread.

>> Moreover, the respective interfaces have very different semantics
>> (pointer or not). This can be a reason in itself to prefer one or the
>> other type, whatever the underlying implementation is.
>
> This is handwaving.

Sorry, I don't get this.

> I know the section in the documentation; I wrote  it.

Then thanks in advance for fixing it, putting it in line with what you
said above.

PS: unless stated otherwise, I read the forums where I post. Thanks in
advance for not sending me copies.