Re: [Open Item] Re: Autovacuum on by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: [Open Item] Re: Autovacuum on by default?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when peter_e@gmx.net (Peter Eisentraut) would write:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>> I thought we had agreed it would be a good idea to turn autovac_delay
>> on?
>
> We had not, because there was no experience available about where to put
> the default numbers.

I would also not because for Very Large Tables, the delay may make
vacuums run really inordinately long.  And that becomes an "evil big
long-running transaction" to worsen things.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/internet.html