Re: partitioned table and ORDER BY indexed_field DESC LIMIT 1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: partitioned table and ORDER BY indexed_field DESC LIMIT 1
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Mark Kirkwood" <markir@paradise.net.nz> writes:

> I spent today looking at getting this patch into a self contained state.
> Working against HEAD I'm getting bogged down in the PathKeyItem to
> PathKey/EquivalenceClass/EquivalenceMember(s) change. So I figured I'd divide
> and conquer to some extent, and initially provide a patch:
>
> - against 8.2.(5)
> - self contained  (i.e no mystery functions)

That would be helpful for me. It would include the bits I'm looking for.

> The next step would be to update to to HEAD. That would hopefully provide some
> useful material for others working on this.

If that's not too much work then that would be great but if it's a lot of work
then it may not be worth it if I'm planning to only take certain bits. On the
other hand if it's good then we might just want to take it wholesale and then
add to it.

--
  Gregory Stark