Re: Bug tracker tool we need - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alex
Subject Re: Bug tracker tool we need
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> I believe the biggest hurdle for many hackers is that in redmine,
> email is not a first class citizen. The majority of hackers are never
> going to want to go into a web interface to get something done, they
> live in VI/Emacs and the command line.
>
> One thing that redmine definitely breaks is proper handling of
> attachments in email, thus the first thing moving to redmine would
> break would be patch submission.

Right.  This is not too hard to fix, however, and I didn't suggest we
move to vanilla Redmine.  It's hackable, so we can just bash it into
shape we need (and we need a few Ruby hackers, so there's always someone
in the postgres community to fix it when it breaks, of course.)

--
Alex