Re: Commitfest infrastructure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Commitfest infrastructure
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I thought reviewboard looked pretty good for code quality patch review. It
would be cool if someone could write a mail filter which automatically added
any patches posted to the list to reviewboard.

Incidentally one issue with reviewboard/patchwork/whatever is that they tend
to encourage the review to do a line-by-line review of the code itself rather
than the overall architecture. That's fine for the kind of code-quality
reviews some authors (like myself I admit :( ) need sometimes. And it would
make it easier to do hit-and-run comments when you see minor issues not worth
pestering authors about on-list. But I don't think it really helps with the
hard reviews.

But that's just a cute tool for one particular part of the work. I don't think
it addresses workflow management like RT or debbugs (or trac?) would.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's RemoteDBA services!