Re: Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
mgould@intermodalsoftwaresolutions.net (Michael Gould) writes:
> What and why should I look at certain distributions?  It appears from
> what I read, Ubanta is a good desktop but not a server.

There are Ubuntu versions that don't promise support (e.g. - ongoing bug
& security fixes, and such) for nearly as long as one might like.

The sorts of distributions that do promise such things for longer
include:
  - Red Hat RHAS and such;
  - OpenSuSE;
  - CentOS;
  - Debian

You'll find people that are fans of each of these.  Not knowing any
particular basis to infer your preferences (and you mayn't be aware of
such, either!), it's tough to give any strong suggestions.

I don't think you'd be steered woefully wrong with any of them.
--
"I have  traveled the  length and breadth  of this country  and talked
with the best people, and can assure you that data processing is a fad