Re: database instance creation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: database instance creation
Date
List pgsql-general
prabakaran.a@zohocorp.com ("prabakaran.a") writes:
> Dear All,
>
>  In Mysql, If we create a directory under mysql/data, mysql treated as
> database instance without starting mysql server.
>  Is there any similar provision in postgres where we can create a
> database instance without starting postgresql server.

Well, the Postgres program initdb is used to create a database instance;
it does not automatically start a server against it.  That sounds like
that might be a similar provision.
--
"Programming today  is a race  between software engineers  striving to
build bigger and better  idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying