Re: ERROR: subtransaction logged without previous top-level txn record - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Arseny Sher
Subject Re: ERROR: subtransaction logged without previous top-level txn record
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dan Katz <dkatz@joor.com> writes:

> Is the resolution of the issue in this thread being tracked elsewhere,
> either in a commit fest or other stream of work?

Ok, I've created a cf entry:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/26/2383/

I believe it is the most important to commit at least

0002-Stop-demanding-that-top-xact-must-be-seen-before-sub.patch

from my mail above -- as we see, this issue creates problems in the
field. Moreover, the patch is trivial and hopefully I've shown that
ERROR triggers were spurious and there is no easy way to relax the
check.

--
Arseny Sher
The Russian Postgres Company