Re: Logical replication versus pglogical on PostgreSQL 14 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Barthel
Subject Re: Logical replication versus pglogical on PostgreSQL 14
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday, July 23, 2022, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:

> Is native logical replication and pglogical replication fundamentally
> the same?

Here is a discussion about the differences between pglogical 2.1 and
logical replication in PostgreSQL 10:
  <https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/blog/pglogical-logical-replication-postgresql-10/>

As far as I can tell, pglogical provides more features than the builtin
logical replication in PostgreSQL (row/column filtering as an example).

> Is pglogical likely to be continue to be supported?

The link above says so:

| First, let me assure you that the development of pglogical continues.

Furthermore, the last release is from Dec, 2021 and the last commit is
12 days ago, <https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/pglogical>.

--
Christian Barthel