Re: AIX check in datetime.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: AIX check in datetime.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, pgman@candle.pha.pa.us (Bruce Momjian) transmitted:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>>
>> > Wow, that is strange.  We could remove it for 8.2 and see how testing goes.
>>
>> It looks like a workaround for some ancient compiler problem.  [ digs
>> for awhile... ]  Very ancient: we inherited that hack from Berkeley, see
>> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/Attic/nabstime.h
>>
>> I bet we can remove it.
>
> OK, removed.  Let's see if we get failure feedback.

I haven't been monitoring CVS HEAD, but you can be sure this will get
tried out when 8.2 gets anywhere vaguely close to relese...
--
If this was helpful, <http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=cbbrowne> rate me
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html