Re: psql: \pset pager 'always'? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Hawkins
Subject Re: psql: \pset pager 'always'?
Date
List pgsql-general
antti.haapala@iki.fi (Antti Haapala) writes:

> I don't know if this is already done, but...
>
> I'm really annoyed by that little 'feature' of psql that decides whether
> to use pager or not. I personally use GNU 'less' with options -S -F as my
> pager, which allows me to scroll vertically AS WELL AS horizontally on
> long input. So a "use pager always"  option with no strange automagic
> behaviour would be nice. Or do you consider this being readable (copyed
> verbatim from terminal window):

Yes, I'd like to second that.

My ugly workaround when I need to have less invoked (so I can scroll
sideways) and the result set it small (in rows), I make my window very
small (vertically), run the query, then stretch it out again.

        - Justin

--
Justin Hawkins
Internode Professional Access