Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Anthony Molinaro" <amolinaro@wgen.net> writes:

> More awkward? What *you're* suggesting is more awkward. You realize that
> right? How can syntax that is understood and accepted for years be more
> awkward?

Well gosh, I would say that that's something only a newbie could say about
SQL of all things...

I had a whole thing written after that but I just deleted it. I grow tired of
this thread.

I am pretty happy to hear that the SQL standard endorsed the idea having the
right thing happen if the primary key is present in the grouping list. That
would be a wonderful feature for Postgres.

--
greg