Re: Modification of data in base folder and very large tables - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Modification of data in base folder and very large tables
Date
List pgsql-performance

 Ogden> I have a question about the files in
 Ogden> .../data/postgresql/11/main/base, specifically in relation to
 Ogden> very large tables and how they are written.

 Ogden> I have been attempting to restore a relatively large database
 Ogden> with pg_restore and it has been running for more than a week.

Did you do the restore into a completely fresh database? Or did you make
the mistake of creating tables and indexes first?

What relation does the filenode 27083 correspond to? You can find that
with:

select oid::regclass from pg_class
 where pg_relation_filenode(oid) = '27083';

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)