Re: Debian Packages for Postgresql 8.0.0 RC1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Debian Packages for Postgresql 8.0.0 RC1
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris Smith <chris@interspire.com> writes:

> I doubt you'll find any for an RC release... when 8 is released (final), then I
> think you'll find them.

Usually packages for things like beta or RC releases would show up in
experimental if there were any. You might have to add a line like this to your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main contrib non-free

However I do not see any Postgres 8.0 packages. It would have been nice since
it would have increased the population testing the beta or RC releases quite a
lot. However it takes time to prepare Debian packages for a new release
especially for complex packages like Postgres. The Debian maintainer for
Postgres has been really good about getting the packages right too. I'm sure
it won't be long after the 8.0 release that the packages are available.

--
greg