Re: Sorting Problem in UNICODE/german - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andreas Seltenreich
Subject Re: Sorting Problem in UNICODE/german
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Sorry, I just reread your mail: Your MUA is declaring it with

This makes it even harder to discuss problems with Umlauts :-).

Andreas Seltenreich schrob:

> Klaus Ita schrob:
>
>> another "funny" thing is:
>>
>> ita@aipc54:~/.mutt$ LC_ALL=de_AT.utf8@euro sort /tmp/testfile
>> Abend
>> Oma
>> Ãterreich
>> Ãerflieger
>> Unter
>> Zetrix
>>
>> this is also wrong (There should be 'Unter' and then 'U:berflieger'
>> [Überflieger]). so is this a libc bug?

I think I got your point now. Libc appears to be using iso-14651
sorting for all "de" locales. I'm afraid you will have compile a
customized locale to depart from that.

regards,
Andreas