Re: Moving PostgreSQL data directory on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: Moving PostgreSQL data directory on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Ottó Havasvölgyi <havasvolgyi.otto@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to move the data directory to another location. I have done this:
> 1. Stop PostgreSQL
> 2. Move data directory
> 3. Create a PGDATA env. variable to the new location
> 4. Start PostgreSQL
>
> And it cannot start, because it cannot find postgresql.conf. (in Event log)
> What should I do now?

Dumb question, but are you sure you exported the PGDATA variable?  Is
it pointing to the directory that actually contains postgresql.conf?

If you still have problems, post the exact error message that appears
in the logs.

-Doug