Re: Pet Peeves? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Pet Peeves?
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com> writes:

> 6. Where's my CPAN equivalent? Postgresql is extensible, but it's hard  to find
> the extension you need, and often harder than it should be to  install.

FWIW our CPAN equivalent is pgfoundry. I don't think we quite have the
critical mass yet that Perl has to really make it a big success though.

Making modules more, uh, modular, so they can be installed and uninstalled
smoothly and preferably without special access privileges is a recognized
issue though.

--
  Gregory Stark