Re: Ryu floating point output patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers

 >> This code in particular was very heavily into using mixed
 >> declarations and code throughout. Removing those was moderately
 >> painful.

 Andres> I wonder if we should instead relax those restriction for the
 Andres> largely foreign pieces of code?

Do we have any reason for the restriction beyond stylistic preference?

 Andres> Right it should definitely be explained. But I do think
 Andres> pointing at the source, would be good. I kind of wonder if we
 Andres> should, if we were to accept something like this patch, clone
 Andres> the original ryu repository to either git.pg.org, or at least
 Andres> into pg's github repository? It'd be annoying if the original
 Andres> authors moved on and deleted the repository.

Keeping a copy on git.pg.org seems like a reasonable thing to do.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)