Re: more anti-postgresql FUD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: more anti-postgresql FUD
Date
List pgsql-general
After a long battle with technology, jim@nasby.net ("Jim C. Nasby"), an earthling, wrote:
> But you can actually write good code that will run on multiple
> databases if you're willing to write the tools to allow you to do it.

There's an argument out there that we don't actually have relational
databases (the "fine point" there being that it is technically
permissible to create tables that lack a primary key), but rather
"toolboxes" that might be used to construct relational systems.

That kind of fits with that sort of toolkit approach...
--
"cbbrowne","@","gmail.com"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/nonrdbms.html