Re: [HACKERS] 'Waiting on lock' - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 'Waiting on lock'
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Gregory Stark" <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:

> Incidentally in looking at this I found that the "early deadlock detection"
> never seems to fire. Reading the source it seems it ought to be firing
> whenever we have a simple two-process deadlock. But instead I only get the
> timeout-based detection.

Ok, I understand now that early deadlock detection only kicks in when doing
something like LOCK TABLE and even then only if you're deadlocking because
you're upgrading a lock. So this works as intended though it's much less
useful than I thought.

--
  Gregory Stark