Re: Fixing GIN for empty/null/full-scan cases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Fixing GIN for empty/null/full-scan cases
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> "David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>> On Jan 12, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> No, what we need is a decent extension package manager ;-)
>
>> Yeah. Maybe you can do that this weekend? Or, I dunno, while you “sleep” tonight?
>
> Supposedly it's in the queue for the upcoming CF :-)

Hehe, and some provision have been made to support upgrading from 9.0 to
9.1 too:
 http://pgsql.tapoueh.org/extensions/doc/html/extend-extension.html#AEN50748

But that won't solve the dump-from-9.0 and restore-into-9.1 by itself,
the only way for us to solve that problem that I can think of would be
to backpatch a new feature.  Do it the old-way until you upgrade from
9.1 to later might be our answer here.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine