Fixed length data types issue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Fixed length data types issue
Date
Re: Fixed length data types issue  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
List pgsql-hackers

So I'm thinking again about the problems with fixed length data types not
having typmod available when they would need it. But I'm having trouble
finding enough old posts to get a handle on exactly what the problem is.

This would make a nice test of the new wiki. I would be indebted to whoever
could summarize the root of the problem and explain exactly what circumstances
the typmod is unavailable. I would summarize the responses and put them up on
the wiki.