Re: installation DBD::Pg - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: installation DBD::Pg
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Ben Sabadus" <Ben.Sabadus@upsnap.com> writes:

> Can you help me w/ this? I am trying to run 'install DBD::Pg' using CPAN and
> it is asking me for the "Path to pg_config".
>
> Is there some other way I can install DBD:Pg without having to install a
> full version of Postgre on my machine?  I would think I wouldn't have to
> have Postgre on my local machine to connect to another Postgre DB on an
> external machine.

Well CPAN is trying to compile DBD::Pg from source. You don't even need a
complete Postgres install for that, just the development libraries. You don't
explain what operating system you're using but for example most Linux
distributions have a separate package for the development libraries.

Alternatively if your operating system has it you could install a precompiled
DBD::Pg packages instead of compiling from source. On Debian it's called
libdbd-pg-perl for example.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!