Re: modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: modules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:

> The example I have in mind is Perl, as I have referred to before. It comes with
> a number of useful modules (e.g. File::Find, and CGI) that don't have to be in
> the perl core distribution but are very widely used and so having them there
> makes some sense.

What's different about those is that they are developed primarily as CPAN
modules. The ones in the perl source are just copies of the CPAN module
installed by default.

Would that help earn respect for pgfoundry? Modules there would have something
to aspire to if they grew to be considered indispensable rather than just be
doomed to being forgotten and ignored.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's 24x7 Postgres support!