Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: What in the world is happening on spoonbill?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

>> Woulnd't it be enough to report the exist status if a test fails, instead of
>> requiring a certain exit status for success?
>
> What I have it doing is reporting the exit status if not zero, but it's
> only an annotation on the short-form output; it doesn't control whether
> the test is considered to have succeeded or not.  I'm not very happy
> with that because a crash after all the expected output has been
> produced would not result in a report of failure --- and we have seen
> problems with psql crashing at exit, so this isn't an academic point.

It might be a bit weird but pg_regress could stick a message in the output
file before it does the comparison with the expected results.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!