Re: Git Repository for WITH RECURSIVE and others - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Git Repository for WITH RECURSIVE and others
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David Fetter" <david@fetter.org> writes:

> Please explain your reasoning here.  The project has taken nasty hits
> on its infrastructure already (pgfoundry) because the author of the
> software had a go-it-alone, I-know-best attitude that sooner than
> later forced us to fork.  As a direct consequence, pgfoundry now needs
> a redo that will take a pgfoundry administrator many of work in their
> "ample spare time."
>
> Let's not cause more pinch points here.

Well sure, but I'm not sure the software used to distribute the program makes
the main difference there. I don't know much about the two programs, what
makes you think one is more of a go-it-alone style of development than the
other?

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!