["G. Jayson Stangel" ] Questions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hal Snyder
Subject ["G. Jayson Stangel" ] Questions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I think thequestions below are very good ones from the Windows side of
the fence. Six months ago, I would have said PHP is what the open
source community uses instead of ASP and ADO, but recently there seems
to have been real Win32 progress with PostgreSQL, and I'm sure we can
be more specific.

Does anyone on [HACKERS] want to take a stab at answering G. Stangel?

I'll try to work any detailed answers into the right place on the web
site.

Hal

From: "G. Jayson Stangel" <jayson@biztown.com>
To: "'webmaster@postgresql.org'" <webmaster@postgresql.org>
Subject: Questions?
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:32:29 -0700

If you are not the person to answer these questions, please forward to =
the correct person.

Currently I am using Microsoft SQL 6.5, we are starting a large project =
that our licensee would not cover.  We have just put up a linux machine =
as an experiment.  While researching linux, I ran across your site.  I =
browsed through the competition section, but could not find all the info =
I need.
I am trying to figure out how PostgreSQL differs from Microsoft SQL.  I =
know the price issue is huge, but how about things like transactions per =
second?  Can I integrate PostgreSQL into my ASP pages? (with the ODBC =
interface I would assume I could.)  Does it support ADO? Any other =
differences positive or negative please.

G. Jayson Stangel
webmaster@biztown.com
TEL: 485-8532 . FAX: 494-2938