Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent
Date
Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:

> If SQL was not a popular standard, we would drop it.  You and Alvaro are
> saying that 'm' for meter and 'min' for minute is commonly recognized
> outside the USA/UK, so that is good enough for me to say that the
> existing setup is fine.

Could you expand on your logic here? And why you disagree with my argument
that which abbreviations are correct is irrelevant in deciding whether we
should accept other abbreviations.

Afaict nobody has expressed a single downside to accepting other
abbreviations.