Re: 8.2 beta blockers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: 8.2 beta blockers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Quoth tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane):
> Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> writes:
>> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:
>>> I see the following items standing between us and putting out 8.2beta1:
>>> * AIX linking issues
>
>> This has to do with the discussion about shared vs static libs?
>
>> If a patch is put out, it'll get build-farm results on AIX within a
>> couple hours.
>
> Yeah, I know, which is why I don't find it absolutely critical that
> this make it to beta1.  But one of the concerns mentioned in the thread
> is that the changes might break things for older AIX versions.  If we
> get it into beta1, we have a better chance of finding out before release
> whether there are any issues with AIX versions that aren't represented
> in buildfarm.

Well, systems running elder versions of AIX are doing so without any
IBM support.  AIX 5.1 is no longer supported...

I'd have a problem with running any of those elder versions due to the
absence of support, myself...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/nonrdbms.html