Re: Hiding undocumented enum values? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Hiding undocumented enum values?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> I am wondering if it's a good idea to hide the redundant entries
> to reduce clutter in the pg_settings display.  (We could do this
> by adding a "hidden" boolean to struct config_enum_entry.)
> Thoughts?

Well it looks like it's trying to emulate the boolean guc behaviour but with
an extra value. So it would make sense for the output to look like boolean
variables. Do we list the valid values for boolean variables at all? Should
we?

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's Slony Replication
support!