Re: psql is very slow - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: psql is very slow
Date
List pgsql-general
Oops! michal.merta@gmail.com ("Michal Merta") was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> I have a psql 7.3.4, apache 2.0.40, perl  v5.8.0. Database is pretty
> big, (dump is about 100Megs).
>
> But all the operations are very, very slow.
>
> Is any possibility to make postgresql more quick? (don't tell me to
> cut the database :))

Well, have you read the manual to follow the maintenance directions
that are recommended?

You're running a rather old version; 7.3 was neat enough stuff a
couple of years ago, but there have been several substantially
improved major versions since then.  An upgrade would seem wise.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/slony.html