Re: Restart after poweroutage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Restart after poweroutage
Date
List pgsql-general
Jon Lapham <lapham@jandr.org> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Just for completeness, could we see the output of "ipcs -a" now?
> [root@bilbo ~]# ipcs -a

Thanks.  The postgres segment looks pretty standard here.  I'm a bit
curious what all the lapham-owned destroyed segments are --- any idea?
Although it seems that they can't possibly be relevant.

I'm kind of leaning to the idea that we're seeing the results of some
corner-case kernel bug here.  Anyone familiar with what part of the
Linux kernel implements shmctl()?  I've never dug into it ...

            regards, tom lane