Re: COPY BINARY broken on Linux/AXP - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COPY BINARY broken on Linux/AXP
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Reinhard Max <max@suse.de> writes:
> I suspect that the newer versions of gcc or glibc are the source of
> these problems. Let's see what our Alpha experts say about this...

Okay.  If it proves to be a portability problem rather than a compiler
bug, let us know ...

>> Could you look at the generated file and see if it seems correct
>> or not?  (The format is documented on the COPY reference page ---
>> note that it is different in 7.1 than it was in prior releases.)

> It looks at least similar to the example in the manpage:

It looks okay to me --- at least the length of field three looks correct
in each tuple.  The problem must be on the reading side.

            regards, tom lane