Re: More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL 7.3.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL 7.3.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
markw@osdl.org writes:

> http://developer.osdl.org/markw/74/

Are those response times in the right unit? 7-10s?

Are these mostly full table scans and big batch updates?

Personally, I'm more interested in seeing OLTP-oriented benchmarks testing
quick index based transactions in the 20-200ms range, not big i/o-bound batch
transactions. There's certainly a need for both, but I think the former are
much more important to micro-optimize, at least for my needs.

--
greg